Labels

Friday, August 13, 2010

CRAZY for Zucchini Bread!

Okay so I may be a little crazy but I wanted to figure out what kind of zucchini bread I like the best so I did some testing today.  I ended up making 8 loaves of zucchini bread in total (like I said, I'm a little crazy).  I did regular zucchini bread, blueberry zucchini bread, and double chocolate zucchini bread.  They were all good although I can't decide if I like the blueberry or chocolate the best...I guess it depends on what mood I'm in :o)  Plain zucchini bread can be a little boring to me sometimes but my girls absolutely love it and can't eat enough of it!  Here are the recipes I used if you want to taste for yourself but beware, if you make all of them at once you end up with a TON of zucchini bread!

Zucchini Bread

3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 c vegetable oil (or 1/2 c oil and 1/2 c applesauce)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 c shopped walnuts, optional

Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.  Add flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon, and beat well.  Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.  Pour into prepared pans.  Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Remove to wire rack and cool completely before slicing.

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 c vegetable oil (or 1/2 c oil and 1/2 c applesauce)
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c sugar
2 c grated zucchini
3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2-2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.  Beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.  Gradually add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.  Add the zucchini and then gently fold in the blueberries.  Pour into prepared pans.  Bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.  Cool 15 minutes in pans then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
**This actually made 5 mini-loaf pans for me**

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 c zucchini, shredded
1 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2-3/4 c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.  Set aside.
Grate zucchini and set aside.
Beat the oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until well blended.  Add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.  Stir in the zucchini then fold in the chocolate chips. 
Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55-65 minutes.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack and cool completely. 
**If you don't like really rich chocolate flavor then substitute milk chocolate chips or leave them out altogether**

No comments:

Post a Comment