Labels

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce

I have always made my alfredo sauce with cream or half-and-half.  Then one day I just HAD to have alfredo for dinner and I didn't have any cream and I didn't have time to go to the store.  What was a girl to do??  Then I remembered this recipe I saw a while back that uses cream cheese for the alfredo sauce and I decided to give it a try.  It was surprisingly good.  It was a very creamy sauce and it tasted great.  The trick is making sure you add enough Parmesan cheese, otherwise it just tastes like cream cheese. 

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce:

Ingredients:
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened and cut in cubes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
1-1/2 cups milk
6 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:
1.  Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. 
2.  Add cream cheese and garlic, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. 
3.  Stir in Parmesan and pepper.  (It will be thick)
4.  Add milk, a little at a time, whisking quickly to smooth out lumps. 
5.  Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Toss with hot pasta to serve.  I usually toss mine with fettuccini noodles and sliced grilled chicken!  The sauce will thicken as it cools.  You can also add some oregano or parsley or whatever seasonings you prefer :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment