Labels

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Easy Slow-Cooker Beef and Mushrooms

I love for my kids to be involved in things.  It's good for them to learn new things, make friends, and have fun while doing it.  However, sometimes their schedules can be more than a little difficult to work around.  I know everyone is busy and I am only preaching to the choir but some days I could SERIOUSLY use a couple more hours.  My girls have dance class from 4:30-5:30 on Tuesdays and my son has Cub Scouts from 4:15-5:15 on Thursdays so it's kind of difficult to have time to prepare dinner on those days.  So unless I want to feed my family PB&J all the time (hey, don't get me wrong, an occasional peanut butter sandwich for dinner is perfectly fine) I just throw some food in the crock pot.  Then dinner is magically done when we get home and I don't have to slave over a hot stove after battling kids to get them everywhere they need to go.  This is one of those easy crock-pot recipes for those days when you don't have time to make dinner.

Super Easy Slow-Cooker Beef and Mushrooms

Ingredients:

1 pound lean beef stew meat
1 can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 packet dry onion soup mix
8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)

Directions:

Toss the meat in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the meat.  Toss in the mushrooms next.  Combine the canned soup and water and pour that over the top.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.  If you want it a little creamier, stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream just before serving.  Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment