Labels

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

It's grilling season again.  YAY!!!!  I love grilled foods.  The fact that it doesn't add extra heat to the house is definitely a much appreciated bonus.  I saw this recipe on Kraft and I thought it looked like it was worth a try.  And it only has 5 ingredients.  How easy is that?!?  I'm glad I tried it.  It was so good!  Even my kids ate it, which is saying a lot if you know my kids...

Plus, it's healthy, which is worth a few more bonus points, right?

If you're looking for a new recipe for the grill you should try this.

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken:
 
Ingredients:
 
4  boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used the thin-cut ones.  They cook faster and easier)
1/4  cup KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing, divided  (I doubled this)
1  tomato, finely chopped  (And I doubled this too...)
1/2  cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/4  cup chopped fresh basil (I used the fresh cut basil in the nifty squeezy bottle...love it!)

Directions:

Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tbsp (or 1/4 cup if you double it like me) dressing and seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate at least 10 min. or all day if you remember. 
Preheat grill to medium heat.  Cover half the grill grate with a sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place chicken on uncovered side of grill grate; grill 6 min. 
Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.
Turn chicken over; place on foil. Top with tomato mixture. Grill 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). 

**If you use the thin-cut breasts like me then you grill it about 5 minutes on each side.** 


No comments:

Post a Comment