Labels

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rice Krispie Treats

Rice Krispie Treats are my hubby's favorite dessert EVER!  I'm not sure what the huge appeal is, but they are definitely a favorite at my house.  He has been begging me to make some for a few weeks, so here they are.  We decided to dye the marshmallow green to make them more festive for Christmas!

Rice Krispie Treats:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1 bag (10 oz.) marshmallows (about 40 large or 4 cups miniature)
6 cups rice krispies

Directions:
In a large pot melt the butter over low-medium heat.  Add marshmallows and heat, stirring frequently, until melted.  Remove from heat and quickly stir in the rice krispies until evenly coated.  Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan and let cool.  Enjoy :o)

I prefer my rice krispie treats to be soft and chewy so I usually add either extra marshmallow or a little less cereal and I never press it down into the pan.  I just dump it in and gently spread it out with a wooden spoon sprayed with cooking spray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment